I am going to make this as simple and easy as possible to explain why you MUST create a Facebook Fan Page for your organizations and not use a personal Facebook Profile. And if you have already started, the following will tell you why you must switch over.
The reason I’m laying it out so simply is because for SOME REASON people are STILL setting up profiles instead of fan pages OR people are not switching their organization over from a profile page to a fan page even though they know they are not going about it correctly.
So here are 7 reasons you should Create a Fan Page, and Not a Profile for your organization
- Profile are for people, Fan Pages are for organizations…. brands, and public figures
- It is AGAINST FACEBOOKS TERMS to use a profile as an organization/brand
- Fan Pages are indexed by search engines, profiles ARE NOT
- Fan Pages can have UNLIMITED fans, profiles are limited to 5,000 friends
- Business related applications are created for fan pages, not profiles
- Fan Pages allows for customized landing/welcome pages or mini websites within fan pages unlike profiles
- Fan Pages have detailed statistics of visitors to the page, profiles do not.
I hope this little post helps someone understand the importance of creating a fan page instead of a personal profile. Facebook is making it easy to switch over now, so I suggest you take advantage of it before your profile is deleted forever and all your hard work is lost.
Are there any more reasons you can think of? Why do you think people are still setting up profiles instead of fan pages?