Shopify is one of the industries leading ecommerce software tools. The Shopify story is a great story that shows how a few snowboarders created an online store to sell snowboards. Unsatisfied with what was available at the time, they decided to create a platform that allowed them to create their own brand and build relationships with their customers, along with selling their goods. Shopify has come a long way since they started in 2006. Let’s take a look at some of their key features as well as some stats.
Fully customizable website, online store, and blog
- Themes created by world-renowned designers like Happy Cog, Clearleft, and Pixel Union, gives your website a great professional look.]
- Every template comes with its own intuitive settings so you can quickly and easily customize every facet of your storefront.
- Includes a built-in mobile commerce shopping cart. Your customers can browse and buy from your store using any mobile phone or tablet.
- Access to the HTML and CSS of your store, making it easy to customize every aspect of your website.
- Use your own domain name, or purchase one through Shopify.
Unlimited bandwidth, product inventory, and customer data
- Manage your entire inventory with Shopify. Track stock counts, and automatically stop selling products when inventory runs out.
- Customers can order and download your digital products right from your online store.
- Offer different variations of your products, such as multiple sizes, colors, materials, and more. Each variation can have its own price, SKU, weight, and inventory.
- Optimize your product pages for search engines with product specific meta tags, titles, and URL handles.
Accept credit cards instantly with Shopify Payments
- Track your balance and payment schedule at any time from your store’s dashboard.
- Receive email alerts whenever new funds hit your bank account.
- With Shopify POS, you can easily accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit cards on the go, or in your retail store.
- Using the Shopify card reader, you’ll get swipe rates as low as 2.4% + 0¢ on all credit card transactions. There are no hidden fees or complicated costs.
Save time and money with Shopify Shipping and discounted rates
- Build a better relationship with your customers by ensuring a smooth experience with real-time updates and tracking no matter where they are in the world.
- Your customers get the best shipping rates automatically while you save money and time printing shipping labels yourself. No extra costs.
- Save time by connecting the world to your store with integrated shipping. Choose the shipping strategy that’s best for your business in a few clicks.
There is currently 500,000 business powered by Shopify as well 1,000,000+ active users and $46+ billion sold through Shopify. With these kinds of numbers, it shows that plenty of businesses continue to trust the Shopify ecommerce software.